After a successful first edition, ESRA2 was launched in 2018 gathering already 32 countries, with the engagement of 5 African countries, 5 Oceanian and Asian countries, 2 countries from America and 20 European countries.
And in 2019, a second wave was launched, and 16 new countries joined the initiative allowing this second edition to reach up to 48 countries across 6 continents (new were: 7 African countries, 4 Asian countries, 3 European countries and 1 Latin American country).
Vias institute in Brussels (Belgium) coordinated the ESRA2 survey in close collaboration with the eleven partners of the steering committee:
- BASt - Federal Highway Research Institute, Germany
- BFU - Swiss Council for Accident Prevention, Switzerland
- CTL – Research Centre for Transport and Logistics, Italy
- IATSS - International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences, Japan
- ITS - Motor Transport Institute, Poland
- KFV - Austrian Road Safety Board, Austria
- NTUA - National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- PRP - Portuguese Road Safety Association, Portugal
- SWOV - Institute for Road Safety Research, Netherlands
- TIRF - Traffic Injury Research Foundation, Canada
The national partners were: